Maryport is welcoming back Taste Cumbria on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 August 2023 for the Maryport Taste of the Sea Festival in partnership with Maryport Town Council. In the heart of the town centre and down on the harbourside, there will be loads going on for foodies, families, locals and visitors. Keep up to date with what’s happening by searching #TasteCumbria on social media.
Here’s a sample of the festival line-up – all of this is free to attend except the comedy night. The festival is open 10.00am to 5.00pm Saturday, 10.00am to 4.00pm Sunday.
• Producers’ Market on Senhouse Street
• Freshly landed fish on the harbourside (subject to tides and weather)
• Harbour tours – discover Maryport’s rich maritime heritage, harbourside
• Art taster sessions, harbourside
• Outdoor picnic area with hot food vans, harbourside
• Live music, including Flimby Brass Band playing nautical favourites, harbourside
• Cookery demonstrations with some great local chefs at the Vici demo kitchen, harbourside
• Festival charity bar operated by Maryport Round Table, harbourside
• Fairground rides at the Wave car park
• Children’s activities and large format games at the Wave car park
• Live music in town venues, Saturday night (details to be announced)
• Comedy night with leading comedians at Maryport ARLFC, Mealpot Road, Maryport – book your tickets below
• Fish food trail, eateries with fish on the menu (details to be announced)